Grenville’s Observatory [GOH] (c.1807), Hakin, nr. Milford Haven, built as part of the College of King George III being established by the Hon. Charles Greville, but was never completed due to his sudden death in 1809. Instruments were purchased, but never installed – later sold by Edward Troughton. The ruin of the building is still standing (Howse 1986, 78; ‘To the Editor..’, MonMag, 41 , p.483-4).
Society for the History of AstrononyThe Society's Survey of Astronomical History is a core element of its work and the primary reason for its founding. The Society's officer in charge of the survey is SHA Councillor Kevin Johnson. The Survey aims to reveal the depth of local history of astronomy online, across the UK and Ireland.
Like us on Facebook