Beacon Hill Observatory [BHO] (c. 1974- ), Cleethorpes, was established and is run by the Cleethorpes and District Astronomical Society where they hold their regular meetings. The primary telescope is a society-built 16-inch Newtonian/Cassegrain reflector with sketal tube on a fork mount in a domed observatory.
Essam’s Observatory [EOBL] (c.1890s-1907), Billingborough, established by Edward Iszatt Essam at his home. It was equipped with both 11-inch and 12-inch reflectors along with a 3-inch refractor. Essam observed Saturn, Jupiter and the colour of the star submitting observations to the BAA (Stroobant 1907, 36; Members of the Saturn Section, JBAA, 12 (1902), p.312).
Horncastle Residential College Observatory [HRCO] (1974-2000), Horncastle, established and run by the College. Set-up originally as BAA astronomy weekends – later the Horncastle Astronomy Weekend. The observatory was first equipped with a 160mm reflecting telescope, later upgraded to 30.5-cm reflector. By 2000, due to the state of the building, the dome was dismantled and the telescope stored – Paul Money. Run by Lincolnshire county council the site was sold-off in 2015.
Pennell-Hammerton Observatory [PHO] (1982- ), Westcliffe Sreet, Lincoln was established by the Lincoln Astronomical Society. It houses an 12-inch reflecting telescope that was opened by Sir Patrick Mooreand is named after two former Presidents of the society, Walter Pennell and Peter Hammerton.
Lincoln Castle Observatory Tower [LCOT] (1825-?), Lincoln, established by John Merryweather, the prison governor at the castle and keen astronomer . The tower dates from medieval times, but the upper part was restored and buttressed in 1825 as an observatory – the tower was initially built as a watch tower to guard against prisoners escaping (Temple 2013).