Email: Survey Officer
Beaufoy’s Observatory, (1818-27), Bushey Heath, established by Colonel Mark Beaufoy (1764-1827), with a 3-inch Cary transit, an altazimuth, and two clocks- The instruments were loaned by the Astronomical Society to Captain William Smyth (See Howse 1986).
Bayfordbury Observatory, () University of Hertfordshire’s teaching observatory located in the relatively dark countryside of Bayfordbury, Hertfordshire, 6 miles from the main university campus in Hatfield. The first telescope was built in 1969, and since then has been used as a teaching observatory for undergraduate students, staff and student research as well as for public outreach activities (see website).
Parr’s The Hollies Observatory (1927-36), St. Albans, established by W. A. Parr at his home – re-erected from an earlier site in Hampstead. Furnished with a 4-inch Cooke refractor and an Evershed spectroscope – donated to St. Albans High School for girls (Obit., MNRAS, 59 (1936), 197; Obit., Obs, 97 (4), 279; Stroobant 1931).
Hertford Astronomy Group (HeAG), established from an evening class in 2009 who regularly meet at the Fairway Tavern, Penshanger Golf Complex (AL7 2ED )
Letchworth And District Astronomical Society (LDAS), established in 1985 and formerly known as the Stevenage & District Astronomical Society. The group meets monthly at Letchworth Free Church Hall, Letchworth.
South West Hertfordshire Astronomical Society (SWHAS), founded in 1968 with the aims of promoting the science of astronomy and encouraging popular interest in the subject. The group meet monthly in the Cadogan House Hallat the Royal Masonic School, Rickmansworth.